Saturday, April 30, 2011

Sunday Blessings - A Mariner 's Psalm


 These  are  hand  carved  models  of  ships  
I saw  in  a  gift  shop


Sara  Lewis wrote  a  sea captain 's
version of the  23rd Psalm.
I read  it  in Joni  Eareckson 's devotional
and want  to share  it   here.
How  different  from
The  Rhyme of  the  Ancient  Mariner

A Sea Captain 's 23rd Psalm
The Lord is my captain; I shall not be in want.
He makes me anchor in calm harbors,
He leads me beside quiet waters; He restores my soul.
He guides me on a course of righteousness for his name's sake.

Even though I sail through the troughs of the storms of death,
I will fear no evil, for you are with me;
Your sun and moon they comfort me.

You provide food from the sea in the presence of sharks and barracuda.
You rinse me with sparkling rain; my tank overflows.

Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life,
and I will sail in the ship of the Lord forever.

Do you ever feel far from God's love? Or that life is swamping your deck? Know
that God's love is deeper than any weights you may have aboard.

Thank You, Lord, that even when the wind has left my sails limp, I can count on
your love to bring a fresh breeze.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...