Monday, April 4, 2011

A Roaring Lion




Today  as  I   was   handling   a  church  business  matter  an unknown  man  threatened  and challenged  me  and  tried  to  intimidate  me.

He  appeared to  be   anti- Christian  and  mentally  deranged.

After  assessing   the  situation I withdrew from there because  I thought  it  was  best  not  to  respond to  a  person with  evil  and mischievous  intentions.

I  know  he  was  sent  by  the  devil  to  threaten  me. I  feel  that   very  strongly. It  was  like  the   opposition  Nehemiah   faced when he  was  building  the  walls. Like  the abuses Jezebel showered  on  Elijah.

My faith and courage  is  being  tested  and   I  will not  turn  back.

In India  women are  not  secure and Christian women more  so.

I ask for  prayers  for  protection and safety - a hedge  of   angels  all  around  our church campus. Wisdom ,  courage and spiritual  strength.

I  will not  give  in to the devil 's  threats. I   have  faced  criminals  before and  God  has  protected  me and  the  entire  church  campus. 

The  Lord   brought  the  following scriptures  to  me as  I  reflect   upon the  disturbing incident.

1 Peter 5
6 Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time;

7 casting all your anxiety upon him, because he careth for you
8 Be sober, be watchful: your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour,
9 whom withstand stedfast in your faith, knowing that the same sufferings are accomplished in your brethren who are in the world.

10 And the God of all grace, who called you unto his eternal glory in Christ, after that ye have suffered a little while, shall himself perfect, establish, strengthen you.  (New  Testament -ASV)
+++++++++++++++++

Ephesians 6:12


For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places
(New  Testament - KJV)
 
(The  photos  were  taken by  Ashish  and Megan  on their  Agra  tour)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...