Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Taking A sabbath From My Weariness






Some   more   pictures  of  our
shopping   with   Megan   and  Ash
in   the  gift   shop.
I  like  to  think  of   bright  happy   days
while   going  through  grey   times.
I  have  committed   my  concerns
into  God 's hands. Its  His  battle  not   mine.
He  knows  what  is  best
and  He   will  accomplish  His
purposes.
<<<=


 Isaiah 42:3
New American Standard Bible

3 “A bruised reed He will not break
And a dimly burning wick He will not extinguish;
He will faithfully bring forth justice.

God  knows  I   am  a  bruised  reed  and   dimly   burning   wick.  He   will  have   mercy  on  me and  bring  forth  His  justice.

I  want  to  take   a  Sabbath   break

A man with some authentic worries
And many vain and silly ones
I am well-schooled in sleeplessness;
I know it from the inside out.
I breathe, and I know what's at stake.

But still sometimes I'm sane and sound,
however heart or head may ache;
I go to sleep when I lie down,
With no determined care to breathe
I breathe and live and sleep and take.

A sabbath from my weariness,
I rest in unwaking trust
Like clouds and ponds and stones and trees.
The long arising Day will break
If I should die before I wake.

(A  Timbered  Choir -  Wendell  Berry)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...