Saturday, April 3, 2010

Waiting

He will come to us
as the showers
as the spring rains
that water the
earth
Hosea 6;3 (RSV)
Holy Saturday is a day of anticipation and preparation
for the dawning of
the Resurrection Morn

Traditionally we partake of hot cross buns
on Good Friday.
But I got them today.
I also bought brown bread and French hearts after ages.
I seldom go to this bakery as it is very expensive.
But I went today-in the splurge mood.
I bought more buns to share with
with an 84 year old widowed aunt
and our helpers.
Wanted to buy basmati rice for an egg pilaf
but had to by-pass that LOL.
I will make chicken and egg biryani
(spicy pilaf) for Easter lunch and share it the ailing aunt
and helper.
We can have the french hearts for dessert,
they are slightly sweet.
They are like semi sweet flakey pastry.


On Good Friday most protestant churches in India
hold 3 hour services in the afternoon,
between 12 noon to 3pm.
Homilies on the 7 last sayings of Christ
are delivered.
People go home and break their fast with
tea and hot cross buns.
Yesterday in the St Peter 's Church
the youth enacted a Crucifixion pageant.
I took the pictures from a newspaper report.
I really admire them for doing this in the
blazing 110*F ( 40-42*C) sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...