Friday, March 5, 2010

Ave Verum Corpus

Today, March 6th is my Dad 's 6th home going anniversary.
We had a prayer meeting in my home last night.
We miss Papa as we remember his life
and all the good times we had together.
Someone has said;
Death of a parent is the death of the past
Death of a husband or wife is the death of the present
Death of a child is the death of the future.
We miss Papa but not without hope,
because we know we will
be reunited at the throne of God.
I took a photo against the back drop of my Dad 's
meticulously handwritten sermon notes.
We all admired his neat and smooth flowing
handwriting.
Whenever he was asked to preach anywhere, he spent hours researching
and going over his notes
preparing himself thoroughly.
The photos are of him and my Mom
at a summer camp in the hills.
----------------------

Philippians 1:20-23According to my earnest expectation and my hope, that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but that with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether it be by life, or by death. For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain. But if I live in the flesh, this is the fruit of my labour: yet what I shall choose I wot not. For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better
.2 Corinthians 5:6-8 Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord (For we walk by faith, not by sight). We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord. Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him.
Finally Home
When alarmed by the fury of the restless sea,
Towering waves before you roll,
At the end of doubt and peril is eternity,
Though fear and conflict seize your soul
Just think of stepping on shore, and finding it heaven
Of touching a hand, and finding it God's
Of breathing new air, and finding it celestial
Of waking up in Glory, and finding it "Home"
When surrounded by the blackness of the darkest night,
Oh how lonely death can be,
At the end this long tunnel is a shinning light,
For death is swallowed-up in Victory,
(Victory!)Just think of stepping on shore,
and finding it heaven Of touching a hand, and finding it God's
Of breathing new air, and finding it celestial
Of waking up in Glory, and finding it "Home"
Finally Home! ...by Don Wyrtzen

Here is beautiful choral music by Mozart in the memory of my Dad.
I have sung this during Easter time.
Ave Verum Corpus

Ave, verum corpusnatum de Maria Virgine
Vere passum immolatumin Cruce pro homine,
Cujus latus perforatumunda* fluxit (et)* sanguine,
Esto nobis praegustatumin mortis examine.
Hail,true body born of the Virgin Mary,
Who truly suffered, sacrificed on the Cross for man,
Whose pierced side overflowed with water* and blood,
Be for us a foretaste**In the test of death.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...