Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Surely Goodness and Mercy


My  physical  challenges seem  to  amplify  suddenly ,making  life  almost  unbearable . Drawn  into  the  whirlpool  of  able  bodied  people is  fearsome. I take  refuge   in  God  's  Word and  tightly  holding  on  to  His  promises brings  relief  and  comfort. Yesterday  the thorn in  my  flesh  pierced  very  hard and  I took  shelter under

Job  5;18
 For he wounds, but he also binds up;
he injures, but his hands also heal.

Psalm 94;17

If the Lord had not been my help
My soul would soon have dwelt in the abode of silence.


"God treats you the way one mother treated her young son, Timmy. She didn’t like the idea of his walking to school alone. But he was too grown-up to be seen with his mother. She did her best to stay calm, quoting the 23rd Psalm to him every morning:
“Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life.”

One day she asked a neighbour who walked with her daughter to follow Timmy to school, but to stay at a distance. After several days Timmy’s little friend said, “Do you know that woman who follows us to school? “Sure,” Timmy answered. “That’s Shirley Goodnest and her daughter, Marcy.” My mom reads about them every day in the 23rd Psalm She says they will follow me all the days of my life. So, I guess I better get used to them!
You will too. God never sends you out alone!"

Taken from Fearless
 By  Max  Lucado

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...