Sunday, February 6, 2011

Sunday Blessings- Show Us The Father

Sometimes people come to our church campus with a desire to pray and find out more about Christ.
Two B.A. students came by wanting to pray and talk to us. Pooja (L) and Gauri (R) have deep faith in Christ but don' t have much knowledge about him. Gauri told us that she was critically ill and the doctors declared her dead but she came back to life. She believes Jesus healed her.
Mama in conversation with the girls. Please pray for them.

A Muslim businessman expressed his desire to read the Holy Scripture which he reveres. We gave him a scripture portion in the Urdu language ,he accepted it with great respect.
All the senior members of my family were literate in Urdu, a language similar to Arabic.
I can understand it although I can 't read it. Many Urdu words are incorporated into our everyday Hindustani . This Bible belonged to my Aunt.
I found several precious photographs tucked away in the Bible. In the collection above is my father in 1948 as a student in Lucknow. His birthday falls on Feb 13th. Below him is my grandma (his mother) my Dadi. I was very close to her, she cherished and nurtured me .She cooked a special dal for me because I was fussy about eating. When I was little and afraid to go to the bathroom alone, she accompanied me making sure I did not feel insecure. She was a very happy woman. In the bottom photo you can see my Mama and me. I must have been 11 or 12 years old then. We lived in a bungalow which had a large garden.


On the top extreme left (top photo)my Aunt Marjorie, (Dad 's elder sister) she was an educationalist and social worker. Below that is an scratched and rather damaged photo of all of us together having fun in the 80s.
It feels good to share these happy memories at a time when we feel lonely .
Do pray for our church ministry, we are very strategically placed in the heart of the city. We need strong leaders, skilled management, expertise and finances and most of all God leading guidance and protection to develop.
We want our campus to be a place
where the thirsty find water
the hungry find food
and the weary find rest for their souls.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...