Saturday, June 5, 2010

Sunday Blessings: Awake and Breathe

Writer Maria McKee has a song called 'Breathe '
in which she presents
an offering of herself to Christ.
I will let you breathe through me
I will let you be with me...
My heart beats your blood;
your breath fills my lungs.

The Lord enabled Mama, Sonia and I
to do small acts of kindness
for the people who bear a grudge against us
and hurt us before they
left for a summer trip
this morning.
I know God will change
their hearts if they
listen to His voice.
We awaken in Christ 's body
As Christ awakens in our bodies...
and everything that is hurt,everything
that seems to us dark, harsh, shameful,
maimed, ugly, irreparably
damaged, is in Him transformed
recognized as whole, as lovely.
and radiant in his light.
-Symeon the New Theologian (949-1022)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...